Monday, May 10, 2010

I still have my wisdom... just not my teeth

Many apologies to my blog audience for being so extremely busy for the last month! I REALLY need to update the blog world on my wisdom teeth experience in April.

I dreaded the day of my wisdom teeth surgery mainly because of the anesthesia (I was absolutely terrified of it since I had never had it before). I prayed and prayed... and prayed some more for strength to make it to that oral surgeon's office without vomiting from anxiety. And, thankfully, I made it there completely fine! 

My surgery was scheduled for 7:45 a.m. on April 7th. I waited in the office for 15 minutes (everyone else was late), so that made me jittery! Once I got back there, I braced myself for the needle. Then, they hooked me up to the IV. The oral surgeon walked in, asked me about my life, and put in the anesthesia... and the next thing I know my mother and my husband are waking me up and walking me out to my car.

It was a very good experience, and I would definitely recommend the oral surgeon (Dr. Dunlap in Anderson, SC). I am a little sad that I have no funny stories to tell anyone. Josh said the only funny thing I did was repeat the same three statements/questions. I was so sleepy that I didn't realize I had said things multiple times. hehehe

After I returned to our apartment, I stopped bleeding completely within an hour or so. Josh had to defend his thesis that morning, but when he returned... he came back to me playing games with my mom and my brother. He told our friends and family that he came back to me, "Running laps around the house." hahaha Needless to say, I had a really great recovery.

The only "bad" thing that happened during my recovery was the pain medication! On the second night/third day, I became nauseous if I moved at all and eventually vomited up applesauce (I will not be eating that for a good long while!). I then quit taking the pain meds and switched to Tylenol Extra Strength, and I was completely fine!

I am so grateful for my experience. I've seen and heard of other experiences... and I've had the best as of yet. Thank you, Jesus! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment